The Medieval Mile Museum is open Wednesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. We would like to assure you that the health and safety of both our future visitors and our team members is, and always has been, the top priority at the Medieval Mile Museum. We are delighted to be part of the Fáilte Ireland COVID Safety Charter.
Whether you are planning to visit Kilkenny for your Autumn Break or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
In line with the recent updates to government guidelines, all visitors to the Medieval Mile Museum are now required to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit. To assist in contact tracing, we will be asking all visitors who have not pre-booked their tickets online to provide one name and phone number or email address per group on arrival to the Museum.
We are living in an ever changing environment and we will continue to keep this page updated, strictly adhering to government advice and continually monitoring our protocols in line with ongoing updates.
Taking Care of You Policy
- We will endeavour to minimise time spent at reception by asking visitors to purchase their tickets in advance of arrival and providing a quick and easy entry.
- Our new, highly trained Visitor Care Team will be on hand at all times to ensure visitors are safe and comfortable during their visit with us.
- Our teams will be increasing the frequency of cleaning throughout the Museum. Door handles and other touch points will be cleaned regularly.
- We will provide hand-sanitisation units throughout for use by staff and guests.
- We will respectfully request visitors to use electronic payment at all times.
- We will introduce a one-way flow system for your visit to the Museum.
- Visitors will be allocated specific times to visit the Museum.
- We will endeavour to ensure that appropriate social distancing rules are maintained throughout the Museum.
- We will continue to monitor and update our “Taking Care of You Policies” in line with best practices and advice from the government.
Common Questions & Answers
Is the Museum open?
- The Museum is open Wednesday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. with HSE Guidelines, health and safety measures and appreciate your support more than ever in these challenging times.
- Tickets can be pre-booked on our website.
- If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking please contact the Museum on +353 56 7817022 or email@example.com.
Can I transfer my booking to a future date?
- As a prospective visitor you can book safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your booking to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: If you have, or intend to book with a third-party website such as GetYourGuide.com or Viatours you will have to adhere to their booking terms and conditions, as these are outside of our control.
- We suggest you book directly with us and we will do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests – www.medievalmilemuseum.ie.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Visitors cancel on the day of arrival without any penalty.
What is the cleaning procedures of the Museum?
- The Museum has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. As an extra precaution, we have introduced enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are also available for all visitors and staff to use.
- The Museum will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensuring all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Museum.
- Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our visitors.
Looking for a Wedding or events space?
- Are you engaged or thinking of getting married? Anne Marie Hallinan our Business Development Manager would be delighted to arrange a wedding video appointment with you via FaceTime or WhatsApp. Please email email@example.com.
Have there been any confirmed cases within the property past or present?
- There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the Museum.
Have you other questions?
- Should you have any other questions please contact our team on + 353 56 7817022 and they will be happy to assist you further.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Museum with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.