Join the team at the Medieval Mile Museum!
We are looking for a Museum Assistant to join us at the award-winning Medieval Mile Museum. We are looking for someone with a passion for history, with exceptional customer-service skills and a flair for retail. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and sales skills and be a team player. Previous experience of working in a similar environment will be a definite advantage.
Responsibilities of the role will include;
- Be the first point of contact to the general public at the Museum, greeting visitors with confidence and warmth
- Provide detailed information regarding the venue and its history
- Take bookings and operate the electronic POS system
- Take responsibility for the museum shop; serving customers, merchandising, managing stock and cash handling
- Assist the curator and other staff members with regards to displays, exhibitions and events as required
- Provide administrative support to members of the KCT team as required
This is a part-time position, and hours will vary, depending on seasonality.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV in the strictest confidence to;
Grace Fegan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kilkenny Civic Trust, Butler House, Kilkenny
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th August.