Family Fun Kilkenny Ireland!
Museums are not usually the first thing that comes to mind when you’re planning a day of family fun, in fact, the thought of bringing kids to museums might instill a feeling of fear for lots of parents, along with visions of their little darlings accidentally knocking over a 900-year-old statue….. but fear not!
The Medieval Mile Museum is fun for all the family and we’re here to tell you how with a list of our Top 5 Things for Kids in the Medieval Mile Museum 2019!
1. Child-friendly Audio Guide – use an audio guide to explore the museum and test your knowledge of medieval Kilkenny with our audio quiz! These child-friendly audio guides come in five languages (English, Spanish, German, Italian and French) If your not-so-little ones are learning any of these languages in school, perhaps taking an audio guide tour in language they are learning will help them to boost their confidence with the language they are studying!
2. Interactive map- imagine yourself walking through Medieval Kilkenny with our interactive map. Do your kids love to use tablet devices to play games or watch YouTube videos? Then they will love our huge interactive digital map of Medieval Kilkenny!
3. Treasure Hunter- search the museum to discover the hidden treasures pictured in our map guide; especially fun for our very young visitors
4. Tombs and Crypts- take a selfie in the monk’s stone coffin and discover the spooky graveyard, where there have been reports of ghostly activities and encounters underneath the Kilkenny room.
5. See treasures uncovered by archaeologists up close – toy soldiers, Roman coins and weapons!
6. Meet an ancient king who will talk to you through a magic wishing well.
We’ve got all of this plus tonnes more things for kids and grown-ups to enjoy here at the Medieval Mile Museum, Kilkenny and we hope to see you soon!
While you’re here………….
Catch our Curator, Grace Fegan chatting about Ireland’s Medieval Mile to Australian Radio Presenter, Chris Smith from Sydney’s 2gb 873AM – click here to hear the conversation!
Want to visit the Medieval Mile Museum with your whole class and teacher? Click here for more information on our great education tours and programmes!