Join the team at the Medieval Mile Museum!
We are looking for a tour guide to join us at the award-winning Medieval Mile Museum and other Kilkenny Civic Trust properties.
We are looking for someone with a passion for history and story-telling with exceptional customer-service skills. The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a great telephone manner
• Be a team player
Responsibilities of the role will include:
• Be the first point of contact to the general public at the Museum, greeting visitors with confidence and warmth
• Provide detailed information regarding the venue and its history
• Provide guided tours of the Museum and other venues in Kilkenny
• Take bookings and operate the electronic POS system
• Assist the curator and other staff members with regard to displays, exhibitions and events as required
• Provide administrative support to members of the KCT team as required
This is a part-time position and hours will vary, depending on seasonality. Weekend work will be required.
Previous experience of giving guided tours will be a definite advantage, but full training will be provided.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th July.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV in the strictest confidence to:
Kilkenny Civic Trust, Butler House, Kilkenny